Thursday 21 August 2008

Good shops, bad shops and badly fitting parts

Today has been a bad day. The radio arrived, but the goofballs had shipped a DX3.0 and not a DX3R - so had to send it back. They're shipping the DX3R today (so they say). All this was ordered on the 9th Aug - so it's terrible service all round. Though the shop has been very good about correcting its mistakes, it's been so slow and then getting the wrong radio shipped was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'll not name names, unless pushed to do so. But it's the last time I'm ordering from them.

Next bit of bad news is that the Edit knuckle arms don't actually fit. They rub on the rims of the wheels even before the wheel nut is tightened, and when the nut is tightened they press so hard that the wheels don't go round. I didn't notice this at first after the build in all the excitement about taking photos for the blog :) . With this and the alloy brace not fitting without using shims, I've gone from quite impressed with the perceived quality while building of the Edit parts to a sense of disappointment that some of them just don't seem to fit. I'm even starting to struggle to believe that they've actually tried these parts...

On a better note - I must say how good Mirage After Sales have been. I contacted them via that URL and have had a few very good emails back about my questions. Doesn't make the parts any better, but makes me feel better about the people selling them. I've asked Mirage about the Knuckle arms, and we'll see what they have to say - but I suspect my next mails will be about sending some of the parts back to the e-tailer that I bought them from.

No comments: