Wednesday 13 August 2008

Back in business

I got most of the pieces today to put the e-firestorm back on the off-road :) Had one stripped screw in a piece I didn't actually need to replace, that pissed me off a bit - I'm particularly careful about screws in plastic since I used to work with skis, and even so, it stripped. Not the world's best quality, I fear. As for the screws that sheared that started all this off I can only recommend DO NOT USE THREAD LOCK ON THE ALUMINIUM PARTS. Though the rest of the world generally can cope with thread lock on metal/metal screws, it seems HPI's "top quality" screws can't take it, and the heads will shear when you try and unscrew.

Took the opportunity to fit the new composite suspension arms on the front - they are way stiffer than the stock ones.

Hope I'll get to start on the track tomorrow - plan is to take the flail mower to get the grass as low as possible then to take the rotavator to the top few cm's of soil.

No comments: