Sunday 19 October 2008

Telemetry

The telemetry kit arrived. I can see what the reviews on the internet meant when they say it's a PITA to fit...

Fitting to the e-firestorm will require :

  1. A mount for the IR lap timing sensor. Current thinking is that this will be made from aluminium and be screwed down to the screws that hold the battery down. they are very long on mine, as I had to change them
  2. A cutout (or at least a polish to make the lexan transparent) so the IR "eye" can "see" out.
  3. A mount (again from alu) to get the rev. counter sensor close enough to the spur gear while still fitting under the spur/pinion cover. I've no idea yet how this can work...
  4. Re-soldering the battery connector on in order to add the harness to the voltage sensor.
I'm not so bothered about 3. 'cos I genuinely think it's gonna be the hardest of them all. Info would be useful to have for gearing, though :/

I'll keep you posted with updates - gonna try and make some cardboard patterns this afternoon.

No comments: