Sunday 12 October 2008

Fun on the track

No photos, I'm afraid, as my dear wife is starting to get bored with having to trek across the field to the Farmring and watch me spin round the track whilst she points the camera. Unreasonable, huh? :)

Anyway - a good session on the Farmring - some tweaking of the car has improved things no end. Swapped the rear springs for softer ones (now have 3.3lb springs on the front and 3.0lb springs on the rear - previously had 3.3 on the front and 3.6 on the rear). That has radically improved things down the front straight, as the car sticks to the track much better, and so you can keep the power on. this is how I discovered that the newly reshaped jump on the front straight is deadly at high-ish speeds :) I've calmed it down a bit now, but it still needs to be taken 'just right' or you tumble into the scenary.

Other main tweak I made is to use the Exponential setting on the DX3R to make the steering less twitchy around the midpoint, while keeping reactivity when you get to full lock. It has made me much more fluid round the track, and really helps me get the power down better without it fishtailing.

The telemetry kit should be arriving this week, including the timing stuff - so I should be able to post some lap times!

The firestorm is now filthy. Must get it cleaned.

No comments: