Sunday 7 September 2008

The Farmring - Part 1

Knowing that the weather wasn't going to be kind enough to let me make a real start on the big track, I cobbled together (using thin logs and laid down fence-posts) a "short-track" Farmring in the yard. And I'm really glad I did. For a bit of a n00b like me - it was a great way to find out what kind of shape I think the Farmring should be.

The Farmring (Short course) evolved a lot over the laps (and not just because I kept hitting the logs :) but the final version had a hairpin at one end, a long (well, relative to the rest) "straight" that, in actual fact swung left slightly with a wider, faster turn at the end, leading into the back straight with an "S" that could be taken flat out if you got the exit right of the fast turn at the end of the straight (and, of course, your b4lls are big enough :) )

There were some nice terrain bits too - where there were choices to be made between what was in theory the best line round and a slightly "slower line" but that offered better grip.

All round, lots of fun. The car now needs quite a clean :/

No comments: